After completion of your 200 hour foundational training, it is time to find your path as a yoga teacher. Our advanced studies curriculum takes your teaching and your practice to the next level. This course will provide the tools to grow from an instructor to an educator.
The aim of this training is to aid in the development of truly impactful Yoga Teachers: Teachers who are leaders. In order to accomplish this aim, we will study in depth the space within which the teacher learns, grows, teaches and leads: The mirror of everyday life. We will refine our vision and commitment to our role in the classroom to achieve a level of mastery as a teacher and leader in our community.
We will explore the dynamics of karma, principle, awareness, freedom and choice. We will come to a holistic understanding of the human experience we share, the purpose of spiritual practice and the role of the teacher. To that end, teachers engaged in the Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training will study and be able to teach classes and workshops that address:
- The Yoga Sutras as a context for understanding and transformation
- The Mechanics of Karma as the foundation of spiritual growth
- The Three Aspects of Practice: Sila, Samahdi and Wisdom
- The Powerful Intersection of Western Science and Yoga
- Non-violence in action
- The Art of Sadhana: The Development and Refinement of a Home Practice
- A Refined Vision of the Yoga Teacher's Tools: Asana, Pranyama and Meditation
- A Refined Vision of the yoga teacher: The use of Self in a transformational environment.
Meet the Instructor
Rolf Gates, author of the bestselling books on yogic philosophy, Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, and the newly released: Meditations on Intention and Being: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Mindfulness and Compassion, conducts yoga workshops, retreats, teacher trainings, and coaching and mentorship programs throughout the U.S. and abroad--and online. Rolf and his work have been featured in numerous media, including Yoga Journal, ORGINS, Natural Health, People Magazine, and Travel and Leisure's 25 Top Yoga Studios in the World.
Rolf is the co-founder of the Yoga, Meditation and Recovery Conference at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California and the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Lenox, Massachusetts and a teacher at Spirit Rock Insight Meditation Center in Northern CA. He is also on the Advisory Board for the Yoga Service Council and the Veterans Yoga Project. A former addictions counselor and U.S. Army Airborne Ranger who has practiced meditation for over twenty-five years, Rolf brings his eclectic background to his practice and his teachings. Rolf and his wife, Mariam Gates, live in Santa Cruz, California with their two children. Also check out Rolf’s NEW CHILDREN’S BOOK: Yoga Friends; A Pose by Pose Partner Adventure! And his latest book: Daily Reflections on Addiction, Yoga and Getting Well For more information check out: www.rolfgates.com
The 300hr Teacher Training Certification Program consists of 10 weekends/1x month – November 2021 – November 2022. This training offers a virtual-only track. Track will utilize google classrooms for classwork, links to Rolf’s video classes and lectures, and communication amongst classmates. Additionally, there will be periodic (approximately once a month) Wednesday evening 3-hour Zoom sessions offered throughout the training.
This Advanced Level Teacher Training provides a 12 month in-depth training in the Art of Teaching and the study of Yoga as a vehicle for transformation. It also offers an experiential training in the leading of intensives and workshops preparing participants for their own next level of offerings to students.
Pay in full $1,700
PAYMENT PLAN: Pay the $300 deposit, with a payment plan of 10 consecutive monthly installments of $170 (Total cost $2000)
*11 payments total
November 19, 20, 21
December 17, 18, 19
January 14, 15, 16
March 4, 5, 6
April 8, 9, 10
May 13, 14, 15
July 8, 9, 10
September 9, 10, 11
October 7, 8, 9 (Events and Capstone projects)
November 18, 19, 20
VIRTUAL WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
Virtual sessions will be held via Zoom.
Fridays: 6pm – 9pm
Saturdays: 10am – 12pm, 2pm – 4pm
Sundays: 10am – 12pm, 2pm – 4pm
Logistics: Please come dressed for yoga. Set yourself up to be fully present for these sessions with your video on. Remember 20-20-20 rule to reduce eye-strain for zoom sessions, every 20 minutes look at least twenty feet away from screen for 20 seconds.
Lunch Break: Saturday & Sunday 12pm – 2pm lunch and self-care time.
WEDNESDAY EVENING VIRTUAL SCHEDULE:
If you have been through Rolf's 200hr TT - Please begin by reading Anatomy of the Spirit: Caroline Myss.
If you completed a different 200hr TT- Please begin by reading Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: Deepak Chopra + How Yoga Works: Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patañjali: A New Translation with Commentary, Chip Hartranft
- How Yoga Works, Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Rolf Gates
- Yoga Body: Anatomy, Kinesiology and Asana by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing, Caroline Myss
- Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson Ph.D. and with Richard Mendius MD
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles by Bruce H. Lipton
- The Chakra Balancing Workbook, by Anodea Judith
Good Books to Read:
- Bhagavad Gita: New Translation, by Stephen Mitchell
- Loving Kindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness, Sharon Salzberg
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
- The Law of Attraction, Esther and Jerry HicksThe Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Dan Millman
All 2021 and 2022 300 Hour Core Segments will be held virtually.
Studio Location: *Our hopes are to create community gatherings both in Bloomington and in Indianapolis with the students in this course.
Vibe Yoga Studio
1705 N. College Ave
Bloomington, IN 47404
2442 Central Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46205
Who is this for?
1. Teachers who are ready to define their personal yoga path.
2. Teachers who want to up level their skills and who desire to stay relevant in the evolution of modern yoga.
3. Teachers who trust the progress over perfection, and understand that studentship never ends.
Why train with Vibe?
At Vibe Yoga we believe that yoga is a constant evolution for both the individual and the community. We bring our studio’s core values to life in our training programs by offering balance, integrity, education, connection, and community into all that we offer. In this unique opportunity we will be collaborating with students from around the globe AND foster community here in Indiana. We will provide opportunities to locals students to connect, practice, and support in person if they wish. We are also collaborating with Cityoga in Indianapolis to extend the in person community and learn from each other.